DPS' Mission and Vision Statement, Values, and Goals
The Members of the CNMI Department of Public Safety are dedicated to providing the highest quality public safety service in order to enhance community safety, protect life and property, and reduce crime and the fear of crime. To do this, we pledge to develop a partnership with the community, lead a community commitment to resolve problems, and improve the safety and quality of life in the Commonwealth.
Our Mission StatementOur mission is to join with our community in bringing high quality of living and safety into the CNMI. We do this by providing responsive, cost effective and innovative public services.
Our Vision for the Future
- We will be a customer based, performance driven, results oriented organization, focused on finding the answer, solving the problem, and achieving positive outcomes.
- We will partner with the CNMI community to maximize resources, deliver high quality services, and be recognized as setting the standard for excellence.
- We will be trustworthy guardians of the public’s resources.
- We will make CNMI a premier business location.
- We will collaborate to provide “seamless” services that benefit both our external and internal customers, streamlining our work processes and removing barriers wherever they arise.
- We will accept the challenge of change and be committed to continually enhancing eh safety, environment, quality of life, and economic vitality of our community.
- We will constantly look for new and better ways to deliver services. We will seek to be innovative, take reasonable risks, learn form our mistakes and always strive for excellence.
- We will welcome diversity in our community and our work place.
- We will conduct our work in an atmosphere of trust, respect and courtesy with open doors and open communication for our customers and each other.
- We will provide ethical, dynamic and effective leadership, establish clear direction and priorities, and model the mission and values in support of our common Vision.
- We will be accountable for our performance and our organization’s success, and be recognized for our achievements.
Our Organizational Values
Integrity and Trust
We say what we mean and mean what we say. We honor our work and keep our commitments. We are worthy of the public’s and each other’s trust.
Commitment to Service
We put our customers first. We respond to our internal customers and treat them with the same courtesy and respect as our external customers. We facilitate, enable, and problem-solve.
We place a high value on building partnerships with members of our community to assure we understand their needs and continue to deliver the services they desire in the most effective manner possible.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
We strive for excellence in the quality and productivity of our work. We create a work environment in which we look for new solutions and experiment with innovative ways to do things—even if they don’t always work the first time. We recognize the need to be dynamic in meeting the community’s changing needs. Each and every employee is given the opportunity to develop and grow.
We set measurable performance goals, which support the priorities of the Commonwealth and our individual work groups. We are given the necessary authority, training and resources to enable us to achieve these goals. Performance reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Employee advancement and other incentives are based on performance. We are proud of the professionalism, competency and dedication that exist throughout the organization.
Long Range Planning
We conduct long range strategic and financial planning to maximize service delivery and build the economic stability of the Commonwealth. We practice sound fiscal management to protect the public’s resources.
We respect each other as individuals, and we take the time and effort to show it. Although certain positions have more decision-making authority, we treat all members of the organization with the same consideration for their ideas and concerns. We really listen to, and give each other hones feedback. We recognize partnerships among work groups and employees as essential to effectively maximizing resources and delivering high quality services.
Individual Worth and Diversity
We recognize and appreciate the uniqueness of each individual. We value the contribution made and the synergy created by different experiences and perspectives. We are committed to treating each and every person within the organization and the larger community with respect and dignity.
Our Departmental Goals
We are committed to delivering an excellent service that helps to make the CNMI a safer place. In doing so, we will:
- Ensure our residents and visitors that they are at the heart of everything we do.
- Be visible and accessible to the people and villages we serve.
- Build public trust and confidence in the Department of Public Safety through our service and performance.
- Work with our partners, stakeholders and the community to reduce crime and the fear of crime, and where crime is committed, bring the offenders to justice.
- Ensure that community contact and feedback helps to shape what we do and how we do it.
- Develop a modern, flexible work force that places as many officers and firefighters as possible for policing and public safety.
- Promote the value of equality and diversity in our role as a service provider and as an employer.
- Promote a culture of leadership, accountability and innovation within our organization.
- Act with integrity and to the highest professional standards of behavior.
- Use our resources to the maximum benefit of the public.